It’s fun and rewarding to work in this scholarship program! Perhaps you would like to volunteer, but do not know how to get involved. The entire Miss America Organization is comprised of Volunteers who serve a board members, committee members, hostesses and Executive Directors of the State and Local pageants. The more individuals who volunteer, the more fun it is in addition to knowing that you have been a part of a program to assist young women with their educational endeavors and personal growth.
Here’s how to get involved! Let us know what you are interested in doing and whether you are interested in working on the state or local level. We will respond to let you know where the help is needed and will welcome you as a Miss Nevada Volunteer. Here are just some committees that may be found on both the state and local level. See if there is something that fits you.
- Board Member: The Board is the core group of volunteers that conducts the business of the Scholarship Program. Under the leadership of the Executive Director, the Board recruits contestants, produces the pageant show, solicits scholarships and obtains gifts and prizes for the contestants and winners.
- Publicity: This committee is responsible for the contact with the local press, television and radio and writes press releases to promote the program, related events and the activities of the Titleholder.
- Program Book: This committee prepares the program book for the pageant and any other program books used throughout the year such as the Send-Off Party. Members of this committee should have knowledge about writing, design and computer programs to create the program.
- Judges and Hospitality: The judges’ chairperson obtains the judges for the pageant and stays with them throughout the competition. The judges’ hospitality committee obtains meals and services that are provided to the judges throughout the pageant.
- Scholarships: This committee solicits donations to the scholarship fund and contacts colleges and universities to obtain in-kind tuition grants for the contestants and winners.
- Contestant Recruitment: This group contacts and invites young women to participate in the competition. This is a year round effort to attract contestants to the program.
- Production: This group produces the pageant and includes a number of backstage opportunities as well as script writing, choreography and building sets.
- Hostesses: This group of women assists the contestants during the competition.
- Local Director: As a local director, you hold a franchise through the Miss Nevada Scholarship Organization, a preliminary to Miss America. All local pageants must provide a minimum of a $1000 scholarship.
- If you have time, talent, a service or a venue to contribute, we have a place and a need for you. Whether you have an interest in directing a Miss Nevada local competition, wash cars at a fundraiser or reach out to other community service organizations and educators to secure briefings and platform related appearances for the Miss Nevada and Outstanding Teen titleholders, you will be making a positive difference in your community and in young women’s lives.
The Miss Nevada Scholarship Organization is built upon the countless volunteers that dedicate their time and talents to this program.
There are no salaried positions and every dime that is spent is raised though the generosity of our sponsors and donors.
If you would like to become a Volunteer, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org